Abdominal Sacral Massage for Women's health
This is a wonderfully deep yet balancing treatment of the KEY area which can be out of balance in conditions such as:
Endometriosis; Fibroids; PCOS and cysts; Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB); Menstrual imbalance: none, painful, heavy, irregular, PMS; Peri-menopause; Menopause; Digestive issues: IBS, bloating, indigestion/heart burn and constipation/ diarrhoea
What is Abdominal Massage and how can it help me?
- The sacral, lumbar and gluteal area is massaged releasing tension and tightness in the soft tissue, reducing pain, relaxing excessive torsions and twisting and so releasing any congestion of the nerves where they exit from the sacral bone. This ensures that nerve impulses to the reproductive area are unimpeded and that there is not undue strain on the ligaments which support the reproductive organs. (The coccyx can also be massaged)
- Next the uterine (lower abdomen) area is palpated and massaged. This is non-invasive and helps to ensure there is optimum positioning of the womb, as congestion and misalignment impairs the natural flow of energy and blood. As a result, your womb will be able to clear the old lining (endometrium) more effectively. It encourages good circulation, lymph and nerve flow, meaning that the womb will be functioning more efficiently. Old scar tissue will also be broken down, enhancing flow and improving egg quality.
- This is followed by a deep massage of the abdomen – the small and large intestines, the ileocaecal valve, the diaphragm and liver. This is great for releasing tension, congestion, helping the peristaltic flow, encouraging the release of impacted matter through deep fascial release work and enhancing the immune system.
- Serotonin levels are likely to increase, as most is manufactured in the gut (the feel good neurotransmitter!)
Specific conditions and how they might be helped:
- Helps to break down scar tissue and adhesions
- Reduces inflammatory response associated with the hormone imbalance
- Improves hormone feedback loop to help balance and regulate cycle
- Needs to be used along with nutrition that supports balanced blood sugar levels
- Improves congestion and circulation to the ovaries
Menstrual cycle – pain/anovulation/heavy
- Helps to rebalance the reproductive system.
- Realigns the womb, releases soft tissue, relieves pain
- Improves blood flow
Blocked fallopian Tubes
- Benefit will be dependent on the position and reason for blockage
- Assists blood flow
- Breaks down scar tissue/adhesions associated with inflammatory conditions and cysts
- Helps to realign positioning
- Miscarriage, termination, abusive relationships, fear of birth, pregnancy, motherhood
- Helps to release “undigested emotional trauma”
- Reconnects you with your womb and hence your creative energies
- Clears non serving energies and patterns
- Creates and supports a vibrant and nurturing womb
- Generally – helps to reduce STRESS – stress hormones can impact on progesterone levels meaning shorter luteal phases. It can also increase prolactin levels – a hormone which is high whilst breastfeeding which insures you don’t get pregnant
taken from mamaquillafertility.com